Thursday, February 5, 2009

Little update.

I'm beginning to chart the flood narrative, the first part of the story, and so far I have 20,000 words in 6 chapters. I wasn't expecting to have completed so much so soon. I've also found a good rhythm for the narration, which is done in third person limited. There is some ongoing (and humorous) discussion of this taking place on the Terry Brooks forums, because this is the narrative style used by Brooks.

I'm transcribing a ton of material for my dissertation, so while creative writing doesn't have top priority, I am finding moments here and there. Next I will work on the Prologue and maybe Renee can pump out a painting for the scene I have envisioned, in which a group of ten elders are preparing for the prophecized end of their civilization... which happens rather early in the first chapter.

No comments: